Neck tension or tension headaches? This is a common issue for people who commute to work and then work at a computer all day – developing a forward head posture that causes your neck muscles to tighten up.
If I am not able to see my chiropractor right away, a lacrosse ball can be a great tool for helping to loosen up these muscles in the meantime.
- Find an area of tension or tenderness
- Take some deep breaths as you apply more pressure
- Do “Yes’s” and “No’s” to work out the muscle tension
- Find the next area + Repeat
It’s simple, but the tenderness won’t make it easy. Start light, and increase your pressure over time. Let me know how it goes! – John
Offering chiropractic, acupuncture and massage therapy services, we're here to help.
Latest posts by Hands on Healing Centre (see all)
- Looking for a solution to tight calf muscles? - August 28, 2019
- Pain in the front of your shin? This may help! - August 28, 2019
- A simple (but not easy) exercise for plantar fasciitis! - August 28, 2019